Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scrumptious Sunday....Crock Pot Beer Brisket

Awhile ago, while at the grocery, I accidentally bought a corned beef brisket instead of a regular beef brisket. One of my co-workers made some uh-mazing beef BBQ using a regular beef brisket and I was planning on making it; however, when I got home I realized I bought the wrong piece of meat. Drats. So, I stuck it in my freezer and decided I'd figure out how to use it somehow.....Last week, I decided it was time to cook that big ol hunk of meat. I searched online for different recipes and found that most called for cooked cabbage. Gross. Then, I found one that used orange juice and Worcestershire sauce, and others called for beer. Since I didn't have all of the ingredients for any of the recipes, I decided I'd combine a few. It came out pretty tasty, so here it is:

Ingredients:
1 Corned Beef Brisket (I used Kroger brand that was about 3.5 lbs)
1 spice pack that came with the brisket
1 1/2 cups of beer. (I used Bud Light b/c that's all I had. Ha! High class! Most recipes I saw called for Sam Adams type beers)
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
1 can sliced carrots (I used Del Monte)
1 can diced potatoes ( Again, used Del Monte)

Directions:
In base of crock pot, combine carrots and potatoes. Take thawed meat and place it on top of the veggies, pouring all juices from the meat in with it (the package said when cooking to use all the juices). Pour the beer into the crock pot, then add the Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle the spice packet on top of the meat that's exposed. This is what my crock pot looked like right before putting the lid on it:


Set the Crock Pot to "Lo" and let cook about 9 hours.  Be careful when removing the meat because it's very juicy and can fall apart easily! The beer added great flavor without the bitter beer taste!
Finished product!
It made a TON of meat, so I'm going to use our left-overs to make Italian Beef Hoggies later this week. I plan to simply pull the meat apart and marinate in some Italian dressing, then heat and serve! Hopefully it will be good?!


                                                       Happy Beef Brisket-ing,
                                                 Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment