Saturday, March 19, 2011

DC Cupcakes!!

I just ate a cupcake for breakfast. It was cinnamon flavored, so it's okay, right?! Ha ;)
Let me explain....
A week ago, I was told I had a surprise coming to my house. I didn't know what it was, but I knew it was arriving on Friday... So, as I was out enjoying a day off, with its perfect sunshine and warmth (yay spring), I arrived home to find this on my front porch
If you watch the TLC show, DC Cupcakes you would know exactly what piece of heaven just arrived at your house....cupcakes!! But not just any cupcakes, Georgetown Cupcake cupcakes. Insert excitement scream here: Eeeeeeee! I opened the incredibly cute box to find these babies...
Holy cow. Uh- Mazing in every word imaginable. Now, we all know we have some pretty fab cupcake bakeries here in Lex, but as an avid cupcake connoisseur, I have to say these are better. Their flavors are like some I've never seen locally and their icing is just heavenly...For example, the cinnamon cupcake I just consumed almost tasted just like a cinnamon roll, icing in all (making it totally approved breakfast food...wink wink) and the cookies and cream icing, almost like ice cream. Even my non-sweets loving man says they're great! They are the perfect size and not overwhelmed with icing like some cupcakes, so you don't feel like you're going into a sugar coma after indulging. Plus, according to the MyFitnessPal App, they are only about 250 calories each!

The best part is, anyone can order them and they arrive to your house fresh and perfect. The Fed Ex man left my box sitting on it's side, so I was expecting to open a bunch of smooshed up cupcakes, but, they are packed  well, and on ice, so they arrive in sheer perfection! You can order them from the TLC store, but M ordered these directly from the bakery, which allows you to pick and choose your flavors! (Isn't he wonderful with his thoughtfulness??) 
 Here's the link to the bakery http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/ Not only is this a bakery started by two women, but they sport super cute pink aprons and boots while working. How fun?! Love it!  Order yourself some deliciousness, your tummy will thank you :)

XOXO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment