Monday, March 28, 2011

The Coffee Pub

I'm going to sound like a food critic here but I think I may have discovered one of my new favorite breakfast/brunch spots....The Coffee Pub....While attempting dinner at Ramsey's on Saturday night, we parked in front of this cute, little, stone building: 
Now maybe I've been living under a rock, but I had no clue
this place even existed. How, when I live so close?? I have no clue, but nonetheless, I hadn't even heard of it.  I loved how "cute" it was so I told M, we needed to try it out after church on Sunday. My non-coffee loving beau, agreed, even though I could tell he wasnt too excited about it. He's not big into bakery type places, but after our deeelish meal, we both knew we would be frequent visitors! For starters, its just cute inside with its exposed brick walls and beam exposed ceilings. It has sort of a Charleston feel inside with a mix of horse country...I snapped a few pics with my phone while trying to not seem like a total creeper...
We had to wait about 10 minutes because it was packed (it only seats 40 people), but were taken to our table by this sweet, bubbly, lady. She apoligized for our wait and very happily told us the day's special..The Go Big Blue Blueberry Pancakes...and yes, she made sure to cheer as she said "Go Big Blue." So stinkin' cute :)
We scoped out the menu which is breakfast only on Sundays, but serves other food Mon-Sat. The menu is Kentucky/horse themed with its Bourbon Glazed Rolls to its "Thorough Breads" sandwich section. I've been cutting back on carbs and trying to eat as naturally as possible, so I opted for a spinach and egg omelet with fresh fruit, while Michael ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, and toast. What was even better was my freshly squeezed OJ. They make it fresh each day and it brought back memories of the fresh OJ we used to make each day on high school spring break in FL (SACC crew, you will know exactly what I'm talking about)


The coffee/juice bar
My food was great and the scoop of grits I stole from M were fabulous- so creamy and good! The prices are reasonable as well...around $10 a person including beverage. It is open each day from 8-2, but can be rented out for special events such as baby and bridal showers after normal hours. It is located behind the Ramsey's on H'burg Road...I highly recommend it!! Teacher friends, I'm thinking some spring break brunches next week are a must!!

No comments:

Post a Comment