Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Travel Tip Tuesday :)

The absolute BEST way to save mucho bucks when renting a car is to use either Hotwire or Priceline. I cannot begin to explain the amount of $$ I have saved by using these sites! I've never paid more than $25 a day for a car, with most being in the $10-15 range!! Last year, I scored an awesome Volvo sport for $10 a day in Orlando! It was a brand new car, drove AMAZING, and the fact that I was paying so little for it made it even better!
The only drawback, if you can even call it that, is that you do not know the name of the car company until after you book. Every time I have used these sites for car rental in FL, the company ends up being Hertz which is a well-known, well-respected car rental company.
IF you are using the sites and having no luck (this has happened to me ONE time) check with the lesser name, off airport properties. When we decided to go to Disney last year for New Years, we had no clue that car rentals were going to be astronomical. My two beloved sites let me down, with the cheapest rates being  $65 a day for a compact car. Gasp! After going through a bit of a panic, I found a company called E-Z Rent-a-Car The name sounds pretty ghetto and I'll admit, I was a tad nervous, but we scored such a great deal we decided to take the chance and book it! After a quick shuttle ride, we were at their offices and they set us up with a great Camry that was in excellent shape... We had absolutely zero problems with the car, or the company, and I would definitely feel comfortable using them again!! We did pay a tad more than I usually pay with my two "go-to's" but with it being NYE and with the bowl game, it's a miracle we were even able to score a car.
I really cannot say enough about the love I have for these two sites, especially with car rentals! They have saved me SO much money and I've seriously never been disappointed with the result!!


Happy Car Renting,
Ash


P.S. I think I may have discovered the BEST and absolute EAISEST homemade cream cheese frosting! I just made my first batch and I'm SO pumped at the result! If my "testers" love it like I think they will,  it will definitely make next Sunday's 'Scrumptious Sunday'!

No comments:

Post a Comment