Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday: Cream Cheese Frosting :)

* As I sit her watching endless Sept 11th coverage, I debated on whether or not to post today. The day is still so fresh in my mind as I'm sure it is in yours, but with all the sadness, I am constantly reminded of the absolute LOVE of God and HOPE he provides each of us! Here is one of my favorite songs that is such a great reminder of the hope and love we have in this life, even in times of sadness. I decided to go on and post the recipe, but enjoy this amazing song first :)


Scrumptious Sunday
Here's a super quick and super easy way to make homemade cream cheese frosting! I made my first batch this week and used it to ice a cake and cupcakes for a couple's shower I hosted this weekend. Everyone loved it, so here it is:


Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 pkgs cream cheese
2 stick of unsalted butter
6 cups of powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon of water (add as needed for desired thickness)

Directions:
Break up the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and place in a bowl.
Mix until smooth then slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating until desired whipiness (I'm pretty sure that's not a word, but you know what I mean!)
Ice and enjoy :)
Store any unused frosting in the refrigerator!!

I used this on a lemon raspberry cake and pumpkin cupcakes, but I would imagine it will be pretty delish on cinnamon rolls as well!!

Happy Frosting Making,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment