Monday, August 8, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday.....On A Monday

I meant to post this last night and forgot. So here's the Scrumptious Sunday....on a Monday!
This is, by far, one of my most favorite chicken recipes!! I made it for my Bunco girls in June and they all LOVED it! It's So easy and so so yummy!!

image borrowed from Google, but when cooked it looks like this :)


I call it Pattie Haley Chicken
Here's the story behind that because people are always like you're making what?! haha :)  I had it a lady named Pattie Haley's house when I was in elementary school. She was in my parents' class at church and invited us over for dinner one night where she made it. I loved it then, and always requested that mom make Pattie Haley Chicken. Now, I have no clue where Pattie Haley is at today, but if you may know her somehow, you can tell her that I still make her uh-mazing chicken!!



Ingredients:
-Boneless, skinless chicken breast- I typically use one pack of Harvestland Farms Organic Tenderloins
-1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
-1/4 to 1/2 cup of low fat sour cream (add your personal preference for creaminess)
-1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix
-Monetary Jack cheese for topping



Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. In shallow baking pan lay chicken breasts side by side
3. In bowl, mix soup, Italian dressing mix, and sour cream
4. Pour mix over chicken
5. Top with shredded cheese
6. Bake for 45-1 hour or until done- It's THAT easy!!!



I typically serve it with potatoes and green beans! I like to use the extra sauce for a gravy on the potatoes! Yumm-a-licious!



*Although I've never made it in a crock pot, I'm pretty sure it would be great when cooked that way as well!






XOXO,
Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment