Monday, May 24, 2010

Buffalo Dip

Every once in awhile you come across a recipe that you simply must share. You know, one of those, every time you make it people rave about it, type recipes?! Well, I have one and I want to share it with you. It's so super easy to make and it tastes amazing. Plus, you can make it low-fat/cal (only way I make it) and it still tastes wonderful. When I made it for school, my teenage students swore it was the best dip ever! My favorite part of this is that you make it in the crock pot. You simply add your ingredients, let it simmer, and go. Now, I've had other versions of this dip, but I promise you this is the best one out there. So go on, try it, you will l-o-v-e it too ;)

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Ingredients:
2 (10-12oz) cans of chicken. I use Wal-Mart brand chicken, but you can use any type.
2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese. I used the 1/3 fat cheese to save on calories
3/4 cup of hot sauce. I used Frank's Red Hot
1 cup ranch dressing. I use Hidden Valley low fat ranch
2 cups mild cheddar cheese. Once again, low fat works

I mixed the ingredients in a sauce pan on the stove until everything melted then added it to the crock pot; however you can simply dump it all in and go, if you wish.

I like to make it the night before. Let it simmer a bit in the crock pot then refrigerate it overnight to soak up the flavor. I then let it simmer for a few hours on low heat before serving. However, if you are short on time, you can make it right before your event and I'm sure it will still taste fabulous :)
I served mine with celery (no fat) and chips. I've also her baguette bread is good. I crave buffalo chicken quite often so making this low fat and serving it with celery is a great way to enjoy it, without the crazy calories!
Happy Dip-Making!!

XOXO
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment